Black Police Precinct And Courthouse Museum Recalls Miami's Segregated Past : Nachrichtenfoto

Black Police Precinct And Courthouse Museum Recalls Miami's Segregated Past

Bildnachweis: 
Joe Raedle / Staff
MIAMI - FEBRUARY 02: A judges gavel rests on top of a desk in the courtroom of the newly opened Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum February 3, 2009 in Miami, Florida. The museum is located in the only known structure in the nation that was designed, devoted to and operated as a separate station house and municipal court for African-Americans. In September 1944, the first black patrolmen were sworn in as emergency policemen to enforce the law in what was then called the 'Central Negro District.' The precinct building opened in May 1950 to provide a station house for the black policemen and a courtroom for black judges in which to adjudicate black defendants. The building operated from 1950 until its closing in 1963. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
Bildunterschrift:
MIAMI - FEBRUARY 02: A judges gavel rests on top of a desk in the courtroom of the newly opened Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum February 3, 2009 in Miami, Florida. The museum is located in the only known structure in the nation that was designed, devoted to and operated as a separate station house and municipal court for African-Americans. In September 1944, the first black patrolmen were sworn in as emergency policemen to enforce the law in what was then called the 'Central Negro District.' The precinct building opened in May 1950 to provide a station house for the black policemen and a courtroom for black judges in which to adjudicate black defendants. The building operated from 1950 until its closing in 1963. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
Honorar berechnenEinkaufswagen anzeigen
Erstellt am:
3. Februar 2009
Redaktionell #:
84611044
Releaseangaben:
Kein Release verfügbar.Weitere Informationen
Einschränkungen:
Bei kommerzieller Verwendung sowie für verkaufsfördernde Zwecke kontaktieren Sie bitte Ihr lokales Büro. Vollständige redaktionelle Rechte in Großbritannien, USA, Irland, Kanada (außer Quebec). Eingeschränkte redaktionelle Rechte für Tageszeitungskunden in allen anderen Ländern. Bitte kontaktieren Sie uns.
Lizenztyp:
LizenzpflichtigFür lizenzpflichtige Produkte gelten Nutzungseinschränkungen, z. B. bezüglich Größe, Positionierung, Dauer der Nutzung und geografische Verbreitung. Sie werden zur Angabe von Informationen hinsichtlich des beabsichtigten Verwendungszwecks aufgefordert, die den Umfang der gewährten Nutzungsrechte festlegen.
Kollektion:
Getty Images News
Bildnachweis:
Getty Images
Max. Dateigröße:
3.000 x 1.826 px (25,40 x 15,46 cm) - 300 dpi - 300 KB
Quelle:
Getty Images North America
Objektname:
56634908

Suchbegriffe

Dieses Bild ist urheberrechtlich geschützt. Getty Images behält sich vor, die unerlaubte Verwendung dieses Bildes oder Clips rechtlich zu verfolgen sowie Schadensersatzzahlungen für Urheberrechtsverletzungen einzufordern. Die Verfügbarkeit dieses Bildes kann erst beim Kauf garantiert werden.
judges gavel rests on top of a desk in the courtroom of the newly... Nachrichtenfoto 84611044Afrikanischer oder afro-amerikanischer Abstammung,Amerikanisch,Florida - USA,Gerichtssaal,Geschichtlich,Horizontal,Justizwesen,Kulturen,Menschen,Miami,Nagelneu,Polizei,Rassentrennung,Rassismus,Richter,Richterhammer,Ruhen,Schreibtisch,USA,VermischtesPhotographer Collection: Getty Images News 2009 Getty ImagesMIAMI - FEBRUARY 02: A judges gavel rests on top of a desk in the courtroom of the newly opened Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum February 3, 2009 in Miami, Florida. The museum is located in the only known structure in the nation that was designed, devoted to and operated as a separate station house and municipal court for African-Americans. In September 1944, the first black patrolmen were sworn in as emergency policemen to enforce the law in what was then called the 'Central Negro District.' The precinct building opened in May 1950 to provide a station house for the black policemen and a courtroom for black judges in which to adjudicate black defendants. The building operated from 1950 until its closing in 1963. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)